Sunday, January 11, 2015

New project = New pictures!

I wanted to post a few pictures of the cosplay I'm currently working on: Gogo Yubari from Kill Bill. I can't remember exactly when I decided I wanted to try my hand at this particular cosplay, but I'm having fun with it. It's different working with cloth (albeit scavenged pre-made clothing pieces so far) and I think I'm getting a little less scared of worbla. For a while I didn't even want to use it for fear of wasting such an expensive material :/
Anyway, on to the pictures. I've searched high and low for a proper plaid skirt, but it turned out to be much more elusive than I'd expected. I have enough problems finding clothing that fits right, so I didn't order one online. If everything goes well, I'm going to try my hand at altering the skirt later on. And for those of you who might be thinking "She's not even sewing any of this??" please trust me when I say I'm abysmal with a sewing machine and I'm trying. For now, though, (and because I have a deadline with this project) I'll be using purchased pieces from Goodwill, etc. Enough jabbering. On to the pictures!
The wig. First time ever using one. I didn't put my hair up, so the wig looks a tad big.
Working on the makeup. Sorry about the bad quality!

(The bow is temporary. Didn't have a wide enough one at the time.)
Started off with a flat piece of wood for the tanto blade and whittled away at it til it was the shape I wanted.

Wooden blade all covered in worbla :)

I used a styrofoam sphere from the craft store for the base of the chain mace, then folded a few sheets of paper towel and hot glued the sheets around the circumference.
Set up a layer of worbla around the paper towel and screwed in a hook and a rectangle ring, which I then secured with hot glue.
Mace base with a foam ring at the top, waiting to be trimmed. It's in the ugly-Christmas-ornament stage.
Lastly, my attempt at the cord binding for the tanto hilt. I just practiced on an extra piece of wood.
Thanks for checking out the blog! I promise I will eventually get better at all this. Right now I think I'm just running on mad enthusiasm as opposed to skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment