Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Tanto Progress Part 2

Hey there, nonexistent readers! Nah, I know the blog's new and pretty nondescript so far.
Anyway, I've got a few pictures to post on the sword progress, so I figured I'd share them now! Still waiting for the final layers of acrylic to dry on the scabbard before I get to work figuring out the sageo knot and beads and stuff. First, here's my mace all coated in Gesso and my tanto all coated in PlastiDip

I colored the blade using Rub'n'Buff and polished away at it until I was happy with the finish.


I coated the scabbard in red PlastiDip (which is darker and more vibrant than it appears here -- blame my phone's camera flash) and let it dry, then flipped, sprayed and waited some more. I'm actually really happy with the way it turned out!



As I said, I'm waiting for the acrylic on the scabbard to dry. I want it to have a finished, lacquered look before starting on the decorations. If you have a minute, I'd love some feedback or a shout to see if anyone is actually reading this. Have a nice midnight/morning/second breakfast, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment